Having tea in the morning or the intervals of the job is a common practice. Unlike many other drinks, tea can give more refreshment and health benefits by consuming the right amount. Tea powder is a common sight in every household, and hence exclusive tea gift sets are suitable for most special occasions. The tea and related products’ industries are one of the biggest in the world. Various products and processes are incorporated into this field. These products have functional values in daily life. Tea products have become one of the unavoidable parts of everyday life, and many of these accessories have become essential household items.
Types of tea
This is a never-ending list, and it varies regionally. All of these varieties have various tastes, fragrances, etc.
- Black tea: It is the most common and widely used tea type. It accounts for more than 85% of the total tea consumption. This tea powder is of regular tea leaves, dried and grounded. The powder gives a strong taste to the tea and is usually used with milk. The caffeine content is higher than other tea varieties and is thus used by many people to get refreshed and stay active.
- Green tea: Green tea is well known for its health benefits. For making green tea, the leaves are heated immediately after plucking to avoid oxidation. This treatment preserves the antioxidants in the tea and is healthier than other types of tea powders. However, the taste of the green tea is slightly grassy and not well-liked. The tea gets a greenish colour, and it is not to be used with milk.
- Oolong tea: This tea type is in-between black tea and green tea in processing. The leaves are allowed to dry for a short period and then heated. It permits the leaves to oxidise a bit more than green tea. When prepared, the tea gains a golden brown like black tea. But the taste is quite different from both black tea and green tea.
- White tea: The unopened buds of the tea plant are used to make white tea. It has a lower caffeine content than green tea while having higher antioxidants. Usually, it is consumed without adding any additives, and it produces a soft colour and fragrance.
- Pu-erh tea: It has come from China and is plucked from wild tea bushes. The tea has a unique taste and is available as green and black tea.
- Fruit teas: These are dried fruits that give a sweet taste to the tea. Unlike other tea varieties, it is entirely free from caffeine and high in antioxidants and vitamin c. The tea contains apple bits, raisins, carrots, beetroot, candied pineapple, etc.
Tea mugs and cups
As tea has become one of the most preferred drinks, tea mugs and cups have become unavoidable. The manufacturing of these items started many centuries ago, and different styles and types of cups and mugs are available in the Australian market. There are several different types available for use on various occasions, and these items have gradually become a part of tea gift sets. The kind of mugs and cups vary by region also. A wide variety of materials are also used to produce mugs and cups.
Teapots and teaspoons
As with mugs and cups, these two items have also become an integral part of every kitchen. A wide variety of teapots made from different materials are available in the market. Also, design and colour can be selected as per personal interests. Teaspoons are also widely used for kitchen purposes. And, it has become a unit of measurement in various situations.